Saturday, April 08, 2006

No Combo for Me, Thanks.

Yesterday I went to Subway (not the mode of transportation, but the restaurant). When I had completed my order and was ready to pay, the man at the register said, "Would like to make that a combo with chips and soda?" And I said, "NO COMBO FOR ME, THANKS," because I know that it's a trap. That is where they make their money. And I am determined not to give them any more money than I have to. Now, if you try to just by a small soda with your sandwich, you will pay nearly the same price as you will for the "combo meal" with a medium soda and chips. One could say that this is a really good deal, but don't be fooled. We are being forced to buy more than we need and punished for only buying what we will actually use. I was so annoyed by this forced over-consumption that I am now on a crusade to put an end to the value meal. So next time you're offered an "extra value meal" or a "combo meal" or a "super-good-value-king-size-combo," have the courage to say NO COMBO FOR ME, THANKS. Together we can, slowly but surely, defeat the evils of the extra value meal empire.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercy Now said...

Just surfing for random blogs and came upon yours. Yeah, a lot of fast food places are doing that now. I order a sandwich and specifically end it with "and that's it" and I still get "Would you like a combo with that?". It's like if I wanted a combo, I would have told you so but these guys are just doing what they are told b/c they'd get in trouble if they didn't ask.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home