Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Letter to Scott McClellan

Warning: This Entry Contains Sarcasm Dear Scott McClellan, I am deeply concerned to learn that you have resigned your position as White House Press Secretary. My concern is not for you; I am sure that you will move on to bigger and better things and be happy as the spokesman for another deceitful organization. My concern is for this country. With you gone from the White House, WHO WILL LOOK AFTER THE PRESSING PRIORITIES OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE? If your comments during press conferences were any indication, it seems that you alone were in charge of prioritizing the needs of the American people. When reporters tried to ask you questions about the administrations failed policy in Iraq, you straightened them out and told them that you were busy "focusing on the work of the American people." I appreciated that. I too had thought that botched operations in Iraq should be addressed until I heard your reply and realized what a fool I had been to question the White House. You knew what the priorities of the American people were, even when they didn't. Botched relief efforts after Katrina, the leaking of classified information by the White House staff and the President, the Vice President's shooting incident, these were not things that the American people wanted to know about, they only thought they did. Without you, how will I know what my priorities aren't? As distraught as I am, I trust that the White House will find someone else to tell me what to focus on and what to ignore. Still, it's just hard to imagine that there will ever be anyone who can say those magical words, "I can't comment on an ongoing investigation," with as much conviction as you could. Goodbye Scott McClellan, and I hope that you now have time to FOCUS ON THE PRESSING NEEDS of your wife and cats. Respectfully, Ryan Luke Paulson

2 Comments:

Blogger JUSIPER said...

He was such a little rat, even less of a man than Tucker Carlson.

12:39 AM  
Blogger ryanlukepaulson@gmail.com said...

Sini, I read that article in Vanity Fair that you had posted on your blog. It was a really good article. You were right.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home