Friday, September 29, 2006

Here a blog, there a blog, everywhere a blog blog

Like a lot of people attempting to consistently write an online journal, I often suffer from blogger guilt. I feel bad that I don't post more, don't post longer entries and wait too long between entries. Though the biggest obstacle is laziness, I also find it overwhelming to know where to blog. It seems that everywhere I turn someone is offering me a chance to setup a blog, I could set up a blog on my website. I could use the blog on Myspace. Of course, I also have this Blogger account for blogging. It seems that blogs are becoming so popular that they might soon be offered as an upgrade to you value meal at McDonald's. "Would you like a blog with that?" It all makes me a little anxious. I guess the most important thing is to simply remain consistent. However, when you wonder if you have any readers it can be tempting to set up a blog somewhere else. "I am sure people would love my blog on myspace!" If you do setup another blog, you might set yourself up for another kind of blogger guilt, that is, the feeling that you are cheating on your first blog. I am always tempted to write in the myspace blog, but then what would I have left over for this blog? There is one temptation I just don't think I could resist. If Dunkin' Donuts starts handing out blogs with their coffee, then I will most certainly end up with yet another blog to feel guilty about neglecting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

Yeah, perhaps as a way to focus on something other than a cheating fundamentalist-wannabe spouse, I poured myself into a political blog during the run-up to the Iraq War. Once the war was on, and it was obvious that the my marriage was ending, I sort of gave up the project. I still feel like it's out there, waiting for me to return, eager to have me back. But now, the War is finally unpopular, the lies of the Adminstration evident, and I am happily divorced. The need to express myself feels less urgent. I also have strange feelings about what to do with any views or insights that may have changed from the last time I blogged them. Blog neglect, blog guilt, it's like having a pet that stays at home too many hours alone while you work or go out partying with your friends.

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home