Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Dirtiest Block in Manhattan

I used to live on the dirtiest block in Manhattan. It wasn't actually dirty in terms of litter. It was the name of the block that was dirty - Seaman between Dyckman and Cumming. Now, I often tell people about this because it is pretty remarkable that there would be one block with 3 dirty street names surrounding it. I often wonder if people believe me or if they think I am embellishing the truth a little. But finally I have proof and vindication for having chosen to live there. Today I opened up Time Out New York to find that they had named Seaman between Dyckman and Cumming the 11th best block in New York City! It's a bit creepy that they named it number 11 on the list because I used to live at 11 Seaman Ave. It must mean something. I just don't know what. Maybe I am supposed to move back there. Time Out writes: 11 Seaman Avenue between Cumming and Dyckman Streets, Inwood A short uphill walk from the busy center of Inwood, this block is marked by Washington Heights–esque apartment buildings next to the Holy Trinity Church. Add the view of Inwood Hill Park and the proximity to Fort Tryon Park and it’s a sweet deal. Bonus: +2 points for a great view and the smuttiest combination of street names in the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home