Friday, May 12, 2006

Face Man

I sit for this 5 year-old boy a couple times a week. Last week as he was putting his pajamas on he starts singing "Baby Got Back." Now when I hear him start to sing this I am little concerned. I mean, where did he hear this song? Then, I feel a little embarassed, because the song only gets dirtier from that point on. Luckily, according to this 5 year-old the song goes like this, "When a girl walks in with an itty, bitty face." And that is where it ends. He would laugh and then say, "Isn't that funny? An itty bitty face!" and then he would sing it again; "When a girl walks in with an itty bitty face..." Whew. Long, difficult explanation avoided.

2 Comments:

Blogger JUSIPER said...

I listen to so much music, but it takes me a looong time to actually pay attention to the words, even if I can sing along.

Of course, when I was younger I would also misunderstand songs and think that they were saying something dirty. Tipper Gore can't really do anything about that.

5:47 PM  
Blogger ryanlukepaulson@gmail.com said...

We used to sing this song in church called "We Worship and Adore Thee" in and until I was about 12 I thought the song was "We Worship Aunt Dorothee" as if Aunt Dorothee was the last member of the trinity. You know, God, Jesus and Aunt Dorothee.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home