Monday, May 01, 2006

"Pentecostal Wisconsin" headed to Scotland

The Gilded Balloon, a performance venue in Edinburgh, Scotland has recently decided to produce my solo comedy "Pentecostal Wisconsin" for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this coming August. This is the biggest festival of it's kind in the world, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 shows being presented. In addition to Scotland, I will also be touring Canada (I love those Canadians!), visiting Montreal, Ottawa, Victoria and Vancouver and Winnipeg. At the end of this summer, Pentecostal Wisconsin will have been seen in 7 cities and 3 countries worldwide. For more info on specific dates, click on the link "My Solo Comedy" in the sidebar, or just type the address in: www.ryanpaulson.com. If you have any friends in the UK or elsewhere who are planning to attend the festival, point them to my website where they can see a clips of the show and get more info. Thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger JUSIPER said...

I bet you'll be a smash in Edinburgh. My gut feeling is that the British are desperate to try to understand American religiosity because of its political effects. I know that's not what Pentecostal Wisconsin is about, but you shed a lot of light on those subjects even while you tell a very personal story.

2:53 AM  
Blogger ryanlukepaulson@gmail.com said...

Yeah, I hope so. I really want to do well in Edinburgh. I am really excited about it. Have you ever been to Scotland, Sini?

12:52 AM  
Blogger JUSIPER said...

No, never. I've pretty much only been in London, and that too, for only a few days.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home