Saturday, May 13, 2006

Marry Your Daughter Part 2: "Purity Ball" Pledge

Here is a "Purity Pledge" that father's are supposed to recite at "Purity Balls" (where they pretend to marry their daughters). This excerpt is from the ultra-creepy website of Focus on the Family a super creepy organization led by the ultra creepy "Dr." Dobson. I wonder if he married his daughter.
"The Pledge

I, (daughter’s name)’s father, choose before God to cover my daughter as her authority and protection in the area of purity. I will be pure in my own life as a man, husband and father. I will be a man of integrity and accountability as I lead, guide and pray over my daughter and as the high priest in my home. This covering will be used by God to influence generations to come."

Oh man, creepy, creepy, creepy. Also, notice that the pledge involves the father declaring himself "high priest" of the family? Not A high priest. Not CO-high-priest with his wife. Just simply, the high priest. The only one capable of really getting close to God. The lord of the manor. The king of the castle. The man of the house. Man, I find this so disgusting.

1 Comments:

Blogger JUSIPER said...

Truly creepy.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home